Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson's Funeral LIVE BLOG!

1:20 p.m. EST
The Memorial Service at the Staples Center in LA is underway. I'm watching it live on msnbc.com. So far it is pretty boring. I guess Smokey Robinson and Diana Ross opened the service with some remarks, however I just tuned in and missed that part. But now......nothing. People are just sitting in the theater. And Brian Williams is struggling to keep things interesting for the viewers watching on TV. It's painful. He looks like this:




So. Here we are. At the Staples Center. Anyone want to say anything about Michael? OMG am dying. WTF is going on? First Smokey, then Diana, now....nothing. Did I mention we are live? At the Staples Center? Doesn't Kobe Bryant play here?



1:37 p.m. EST





The Brothers Jackson wheel Michael in, wearing sunglasses, black suits, yellow ties & each with one silver glove.....






..... I heard the casket cost $25,000.



P.S. I don't think he's in it.

1:42 p.m. EST Mariah Carey and some dude are singing "I'll Be There". It's very pretty. Mariah sounds a lot like Michael when he was 11.






Why is she always doing that thing with her hand?




1:49 p.m. EST
Queen Latifah is reading a poem by Maya Angelou called "We Had Him". It's really lovely.




1:52 p.m. EST



Lionel Richie just came out to sing!!! I luuuvvvvv Lionel. Dancin' on the Ceiling, OH SING IT LIONEL!!! Oh wait, no, it's some gospel song.



I store nuts in my cheeks.

1:59p.m. EST
A lovely eulogy by someone from the Motown industry. Didn't catch his name, but I did catch this brief shot of the Brothers Jackson. In the event you didn't believe me when I described their wardrobe selectch.......





HEE-HEE!



2:06p.m.EST



A video montage of Michael throughout his life. I am crying. Didn't know I would have such a reaction. Now Stevie Wonder is speaking and about to sing. This is gonna be GOOD. Where are those tissues........


2:11p.m. EST


Stevie. You can hear a pin drop, both at the Staples Center and my office. I think everyone is watching....



2:18p.m. EST







Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson. Kobe unselfishly talked about Michael's charitable contributions, while Magic talked about Kentucky Fried Chicken.



2:25p.m.EST



Jennifer Hudson is singing "Will You Be There" from the Free Willy soundtrack. I really like this song. And I did NOT know J Hud was preggers?!?!




2:32p.m. EST



Al Sharpton. This will cross boundries unnecessarily.





I loooove the sound of my own voice. Ob-AHMa!

2:36p.m. EST
John Mayer doing an acoustical version of one of MJ's songs. It's pretty awesome. Even though he's not singing he's still managing one of his ugly faces.






2:40p.m.EST



Brooke Shields, MJ's BFF. She speaks of their natural and easy friendship as kids. She is boing, yet I am touched.




2:55p.m. EST


Martin Luther Kings children speak about legacies. But I can't help but be distracted by the tempting video on the lower left corner that's titled "Where's Jackson's chimp Bubbles?"




3:02p.m. EST


A Congresswoman from Texas speaks of how EVERYONE is innocent until proven guilty. I am not sure why, but then I am of reminded of the sleezy Congressman who committed political suicide by naming Jackson a pedophile a few days ago. And then she saluted him on behalf of the United States Congress. SAH-NNAPP!!!


3:09p.m. EST


Usher is singing. Is it bad that I am over this??? When is this thing gonna end.

3:19p.m. EST

A little British boy named Shaheen, who was supposed to tour with MJ. They gave him the honor of singing a solo at his funeral. WOWSAHS.


3:30p.m. EST

A whole ensemble of folks came out to sing "We Are The World" transitioning into "Heal The World", and shockingly, Michael's children are exuberantly singing on stage with everyone else! Good sports, I guess.

All in all, quite a production. I enjoyed it. I wouldn't sit through it again, but I enjoyed it!

No comments: