Friday, June 26, 2009

Mourning The Right "Stars"

Three sad losses in Hollywood this week. First Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson following suit hours later and completely stealing her thunder. I KNOW I'm a bad person for saying that, however, I would like to remind you that Farrah FOUGHT to stay alive, and courageously battled one of the worst, most unpleasant cancers you could get, not like any of them are pleasant. She wanted to live, she didn't want to die. So I just decided last night that I am going to grieve with Team Farrah, even though the 10 year old girl inside of me is sad that Michael Jackson from 'Thriller' fame has died. Team Farrah. All the way.

There is some confusion in Hollywood as I write these very words. MJ fans are flocking to his star on the Walk Of Fame. Unfortunately, his star is located in front of Mann's Chinese Theater, where Bruno had its premier last night. So his star has been inconveniently covered by red-carpety-movie-premier-thingys. And his fans are confused and flocking to ANOTHER Michael Jackson's star, located a mile away on Vine Street. The other MJ was a famous radio personality. Never heard of him. How awkward. Anyway, photos below of the Walk of Fame.....

The 'real' star, belonging to the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

And sadly, the movie Bruno premiered last night at Mann's Chinese Theater, where MJ's star is located out front. Note the plethora of equipment, and red-carpet things covering MJ's "area".


The 'other' Michael Jackson, and his star. A radio personality of some sort that I have never heard of. Note how dirty it is.



Mourners, publically grieving at the star of Michael Jackson, Unheard of Radio Personality. Note the man in the lower left corner, with glasses, cap and white shirt. He is clearly a King of Pop impersonator, and should know that this is not his idol's star. For shame!!

A sad display. Farrah Fawcett's star, from afar. Only one mourner. Cannot be sure if she is an impersonator. I see bell bottoms but no spectacular hair silhouette. Regardless, I respect her for holding vigil while everyone else is at the other guy's star.


8 Hours after her death and folks have already forgotten about her, choosing to visit with the fake Michael Jackson star instead. I am sick and saddened for my angel......

RIP Farrah.









No comments: