Friday, June 19, 2009

Rainy Day Activity...Ahhhhh Memories.

As Karen Carpenter once said, rainy days always get me down. I agree, Karen (RIP!), and so my solution to rainy day doldrums is to reflect upon the better times and flip through old pictures of all those sunny fun days. I thought I would share some with you.


Topsfield Fair Shooting Range. I am a regular Annie Oakley.


Our gorgeous puppy, Gracie, after a day of swimming, looking at Niagara Falls and walking around the park. She was passed out cold.


After one too many drinks my friends and I came upon a man who quite like us also had one too many drinks. We all took our turns posing with him, which I feel bad about now. But alas, he did not know. Notice the can of beer in his hands as he gently naps next to me.

The day I went fishing with my brothers and boyfriend in Maine. This is the fish I caught. Please note this is the only fish caught that day, and the sad thing is, it didn't bite the bait, I hooked it's side (notice the wound) and reeled it in that way. Fishie was caught and immediately released.


My best friend from college and I cleaning her new ski house in Vermont. I decided it best to go to Kmart and purchase 'cleaning outfits' to better enjoy our tasks at hand.


We spoke in thick Russian accents and cleaned cleaned cleaned. Notice the nude knee-highs.

Enjoying a Mai Tai in Waikiki. I miss Hawaii.


I had the pleasure of meeting the largest boys I have ever seen in my life while in Hawaii. They were brothers, and could have crushed me in between the two of them like a walnut. Alas, I escaped unscathed.


Halloween. I am a witch. And we drank out of these fun nose cups.


A smelly elevator at a Red Sox game. Notice my friends JP and Joe, visibly overcome by said fumes. I am unaffected and can be seen looking quite pleased in the lower left corner.



My friend Sarah and I after purchasing the same Red Sox flip flops. After this, we took a rickshaw cab to Back Bay and proceeded drinking in our matching shoes.

Me and Steve enjoying the company of the Boston College mascot. This is a big deal for me to have stood so close to a mascot, as I fear them immensely. This was a very hot day in Florida and the mascot was cooled by ice packs throughout his/her costume. Editors Note: Am still scared of mascots.


Here I am in the depths of the Amazon. Just kidding! I was in Florida. This was an oasis of tranquility.


Me trying to be one of the boys, joining my brothers and boyfriend in a frenzy of cigar smoking. Mine remained unlit, as it simply did not match the image I was going for, seeing how I was decked from head to toe in J. Crew.


This is me rounding first base at Fenway Park. It's true. Except it wasn't a baseball game it was The Police concert.


Lo! My first home grown tomato! It was also my last, as local varmint insisted upon feeding from my precious tomato plants. This was the happiest tomato moment of my life.

The hat I made for my darling friend Olive, on her birthday. She was not pleased.


A sign at a gas station in Petaluma, California. I had to pay 25 cents to use the facilities.

And I was honestly horrified and disgusted by the expensive facilities. Clearly the 25 cents is going in someone's pocket and it's not Mr. Clean's.

This is me channeling my inner Frauleine Maria, as I greet the Pacific Ocean at the Sonoma Coast.

Ahhhh, the deliciousness of sparkling wine at a California vineyard.

Shucking my own oysters at Hog Island Oyster Company in the middle of nowhere California. This was the best discovery ever made whilst driving around aimlessly.

Oakville Grocery is the most amazing grocery experience I've ever had.


What we bought from Oakville Grocery for lunch. Olives, cheeses, meats, french bread and Pepsi in the bottle. It was the most delicious lunch, and we ate it in the shade of enormous rosemary bushes. As Ina says, Now THAT'S a party!


Our Laverne & Shirley moment, as we toured a winery in Napa Valley. This is in the bottling plant, where I believe Laverne & Shirley also worked.


A kiss at the Golden Gate. The bridge can be seen in the upper right hand corner, under a blissful blanket of fog.

In a cell at Alcatraz. I do not find this photo funny. This was creepy.

Ding Ding Ding goes the trolley! I loved hanging off the cable cars in San Francisco. Unbeknownst to me that man is standing on the other side of the car, ruining my moment and my picture. He will forever be a part of this memory, that jerk, but it I am hopeful that someone was simultaneously photographing him, and I am in HIS shot.

I was quite happy in this hat.




No comments: