Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This Doesn't Work For Me


I always have wanted an Oscar. Always. I have been trying to figure out a way to get one for years now. Best Documentary Short? Or Best Adapated Screenplay? I mean, those seem like the easiest categories to win for. The short only has to be 14 minutes long, and then BAM....Oscar. I can forget about Best Actress, unless I get discovered which will never ever / might happen. Fingers crossed.

I've always thought that if / when I do win an Oscar, that I would carry it around with me every where I go. Just be all "see I have an Oscar", like when I go for a jog, or run an errand at CVS or the post office, or when I go to Zume's for my most delish large sug free hazelnut mild roast. But now that I see this photo of Kate Winslet taken Monday morning while she enters a studio with her Oscar in hand sans ball gown, I realize it doesn't look right. The Oscar NEEDS the glitz and the glam......Harry Winston Chandelier earrings and Oscar de la Renta at the Vanity Fair Party or the Governor's Ball is the way to be photographed with Oscar. NOT wearing black skinny jeans and a blazer whilst getting out of an SUV in a parking lot while it's raining.

So if / when I win an Oscar I have decided not to carry it with me wherever I go. Because it looks funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the "plug"