Sunday, February 15, 2009

What do you wear when you fly?




Recently I have been flying quite a bit. I am actually taking a hiatus from it for a while. Hawaii was quite traumatizing for me, over all that water over the Pacific for hours upon hours, anxiously wondering where we will land should an emergency arise. And since we were flying United, I knew Sullenberger wasn't our pilot, so a water landing was out of the question since he is apparantely the only man on the face of this earth who can succeed at one.


Anyway, this morning I was reading one of my favorite gossip blogs, and came upon this photo of Victoria Beckham arriving at JFK yesterday. And I thought, huh, okayyyy. I certainly don't look like that when I fly. Or ever come to think of it. Since I am aerophobic, I am the person who is convinced that THIS plane will be going down. If I am on flight 347, I think, I can hear Bob Hager on MSNBC talking about it, and how the numbers 347 ring so well for an air disaster to be covered by the media. They would just roll right off of Bob Hager's lips, 3-4-7. Sick, I know.


So I figure, why not just throw all fashion sense out the window and be as comfortable as possible during my last moments on earth. I have a 'uniform' I wear on every flight:




  • Favorite black yoga sweats with the elastic waistband


  • Ugg boots


  • White T, long sleeved


  • Black wrap around sweater that is very flowy and almost shawl like


  • Pink pashmina (has to be pink, it's always been pink)


Apparantely Posh isn't afraid to fly, judging by the outfit she has chosen for her trip into NY yesterday. I wonder if she wore those gloves the entire way? And did she put her Chanel bag under her seat or in the overhead bin? I don't carry Chanel when I fly, I carry my favorite monogrammed LL Bean tote bag. Well, kudos to Posh. You go girl, with your spandex pants, platform heels, leather kid gloves and fur stole. Happy Flying!

No comments: