Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Festivities


Well...sadly....Christmas is over. You prepare and clean and decorate and bake and wrap and it's weeks and weeks of these preparations and then in a whirlwind, it's all over! But I have to say, that Christmas this year was really great. We got to see my other half's side of the family Christmas Eve at our house, where we dined on a spectacular honeybaked ham, home made scalloped potatoes with sage and parm, and green beans with toasted almonds and rice vinegar. It was fun to see them and catch up. Christmas Day we spent with my family down in Rhodey, and, as usual, we spent about four hours opening gifts and chatting. Every year we always say 'Next year we won't go overboard like this' but every Christmas we always do and this year was no exception. And quite frankly I like going overboard and I think my family secretly likes going overboard too. YAY!

Besides being with friends and family, and having two knock out holiday meals in a row (roast beef at my brothers, yummm) my favorite gift was the Kitchenaid Mixer I got in pink, which comes from their 'Cook for the Cure' collection. Kitchenaid will donate $50 from the sale of each pink stand mixer to the Susan G. Komen foundation. Kitchenaid has a whole line of pink 'Cook for the Cure' items so my kitchen better watch out!!!

No comments: