Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day!

I would like to give an enormous shout out on this day to my brother, Doug, who is a Lt. Colonel, United States Marine Corps. Doug is a veteran of several wars including The Gulf War, Mogadishu, and two deployments to Iraq, where he was based in Hit and Fallujah.

Thank you Doug, for doing what I am way too big of a princess and wimp to do. I can't handle a mosquito flying near my face, so I can't imagine what it must be like dodging RPG's. I must also give three snaps up in a Z formation to our Mom, (who likes to remain anonymous so again we shall call her Mo) who in a way is a veteran herself. Mo, you have braved the face of wars Doug has served in with dignity and unrelenting spirit. You too, are a hero.

I would be remiss if I didn't say thanks to Doug's colleagues at US Southern Command at Fort MacDill, Florida, who I am sure are all faithful readers of the world according to jojo hahaaaaaaa not but seriously I am sure they are faithful readers.....

I honor you all with sincere thanks. You are all heroes who do a great job and should be honored everyday.

I think my thanks is appreciated by you, but I know you deserve more. I will try to do something that is scary and out of my comfort zone, to honor you. So, for today and today only, just for you, I will say this:

GO BUCS!!

No comments: