Monday, January 5, 2009

Bizarre Couplings





I recently was watching 'Top Chef' on Bravo, and was curious as to who this Padma Lakshmi is. Besides having a very appetizing, entree sounding name, she is quite pretty, but why is she on a cooking show? So I wikipedia'd her and found out the most interesting little tidbit....she was married to.....drum roll please.....SALMAN RUSHDIE. Huh?!?!? I know, love is blind, and couples don't always seem to make 'sense' to others (my significant other is a Harley Davidson, Cigar Smoking burley bear hug fella, and I am from more of the J Crew, blond bob and pearls, prep school camp - and we adore each other!) , but Salman and Padma?!? The obvs is the aesthetic difference, not to mention the incredible age diff to boot (she is 38, he is 63).

So Salman and Padma sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, got me thinking. What other odd couplings are there or have been out there of interest?
  • Billy Joel, 60 and Katie Joel, 27
  • Woody Allen, 73 and Soon Yi Previn,38 (Mia, I'm dating your daughter....are you mad?)
  • Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
  • David Gest and Liza Minelli
  • Rene Angelil and Celine Dion (they met when he was 38 and she was 12, gross!)
  • Pete Doherty and Kate Moss
  • Robin Williams and his Nanny
  • Michael Jackson and Anybody (including, Emmanuelle Lewis, Lisa Marie Presley & the monkey)
  • Anna Nicole Smith and J. Howard Marshall
  • Ted Danson and Whoopi Goldberg
  • Joe Pesci and Angie Everheart
  • Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow
  • Ric Ocasek and Paulina Porizkova (married forever tho)
  • Andrew Lloyd Weber and Sarah Brightman

This was fun research!!

1 comment:

JR said...

Seriously?Joe Pesci and Angie?

Your blog is funny, hope alls well.

John Ricci