Saturday, January 3, 2009

Why the Firemen were Here

So of course with my inquiring mind I marched right outside to find out what was going on with the firetrucks outside of our house last night. Firemen are so nice. Even in times of blazing infernos they are very comforting, and will talk to you to soothe your nerves before fireman-carrying you over their shoulder with such ease and agility straight to safety.

Well, there was no blazing inferno, it was a broken water pipe that had rushed through two floors of condos next door. And nobody fireman-carried me anywhere, *sad face*. These heroic fellas had to break down the door of the garden level apartment to assess the flooding damage and to make sure there was no fire. So the reason why they had to stick around for so long was because they were waiting for the Boston Police Department to come to file the report about having to break in. I wish I could have watched them break down the door, all in their firemen's uniforms, with axes, and big gloves and boots OMG I have to get a hold of myself......

I have attached a photo of the truck from my living room window. When I spoke to the firemen to find out what was going on (slash bat my eyelashes a little) they recognized me! From my blog! I am famous! Actually, they just recognized me from the grocery store since we were both there just a few hours ago, and I was wearing the same bright pink vest but STILL a girl can fantasize. Fame starts with recognition by firemen and then ideally my next step will be Spielberg.

No comments: