Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hail to the Queen of Soul

Nobody but the Queen of Soul herself could pull this hat off. However, she is getting a tremendous amount of criticism for it, and I can't understand why.

ARE EEE ESS PEE EEE SEE TEE, PEOPLE.
Nobody is poo-pooing George Bush's trapper hat!!! Noone is mentioning the man in the red pimp suit!!! Okay, okay, the hat was a bit much, with the grey flannel and the Swavorski Crystals. An interesting mix. I read that the hat is from a Millinery in Detroit called Mr. Song. And, that it cost $179.00, which isn't bad for a custom made hat. I love Aretha Franklin, I loved the hat, and deep down I was kinda expecting some pyrotechnics to all of the sudden pop out of the top of the hat, or maybe a few fireworks would've been nice, or what really would have been great would be if all the crystals all of a sudden started lighting up and flashing, red, white, and blue.




No comments: