Sunday, January 25, 2009

KeithMorrrrr? Issonnnnn?


Everytime he tells a story on Dateline, or MSNBC I basically turn into a statue. I sit, and listen, and I don't move at all, that includes not blinking or breathing. I usually don't realize it until a commercial break when I've discovered numbness in my fingertips and a sudden onset of tunnel vision due to lack of oxygen to my brain. But, he just tells true crime and human interest stories SO well, and it's all in the way he fluctuates his pitch and tone of each word, especially at the end of the sentence, by sometimes adding a surprise question mark where it doesn't belong, always throwing me off and jump starting my heart with shock. He loves murderers, however, he loves interviewing the loved ones of those murdered even more....he really gets into their heads, and then he is ultimately so THRiiiiIIIIIiiiiLLLLllled with their sadness. I have heard him repeatedly use responses like "Ohhh reeeeealllyyyy?" or "Sounds pretty strange to MeeeeEEEeee". I have noticed that most people he interviews are from the South and usually quite unprivleged. He himself is from Canada, so I bet the deep South is fascinating to him with it's shocking lack of Zamboni's and Mounties.


Something interesting I found out: he is Matthew Perry's (Chandler from 'Friends') stepfather.

No comments: