Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This Is Who I Want To Win


His name is Sebastian Schnuelle, he is 38 years old, currently in 2nd place of day four of the Iditarod, and I think he is fabulous. I just love the carefree, no nonsense hair-do, the gooofy smile, the little twinkle in his eye that says 'It's simple: I love what I do'.
Sebastian was born and studied in Germany, and after receiving his degree in Environmental Engineering, he moved to Canada "in search of adventure". In the winter he runs his own tour business called "Blue Kennels", and in the summer he works with Coastal Helicopters out of Juneau Alaska giving helicopter supported dogsled rides on the Juneau Icefield. There are two words that don't go together in the same sentence, 'icefield' and 'summer'.
I am routing for my man Sebastian to win, but am also routing for 19 year old Melissa Owens, who, out of 53 Mushers, is in 18th place. Her father won the Iditarod the year she was born, and she herself is a three time Junior Champion so she has this in her blood.
I will keep you posted! Mush, Sebastian, MUSH!!!

No comments: