Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Earth Hour 2009 - The Big Picture - Boston.com

So, Earth Hour 2009 was this past Saturday night. I couldn't wait to see Boston go 'dark', and by 'dark' I mean that the Pru, John Hancock and several other large buildings would be turning off all lights during this hour. Also, the Zakim Bridge and the Bunker Hill Monument also planned to go dark.

However, much to my chagrin, a massive fog rolled into Boston Harbor that afternoon and stayed there, blanketing the city, and my excitement to see this happen. So, in the end, the entire city was actually dark because of this fog. Oh Mother Nature, why do you torture me so?!?! Anyway, click on this link to check out other cities who participated in Earth Hour 2009. It's pretty cool, just click on each photo and it will show you the 'after'.

Earth Hour 2009 - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: