Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pirates, say Cheeeeeese!!



Okay, now I knew 'piracy' was a problem but I didn't know they still call them Pirates. I just can't take it seriously, I am sorry. They should call them Terrorists, because the whole 'Pirate' thing completely throws me off. I think of Johnny Depp, or Keith Richards. Plus, the breeder where we are getting our puppy from named this litter after Pirates, and she calls the litter 'The Pirate Horde'. So, everytime I hear the news say that the Pirates have captured another cargo ship, I imagine the litter of seven 5-week-old yellow lab puppies storming the ship with little eye patches on, stopping to piddle hear and there, and falling all over each other. It's very poor timing for the pirate litter to be named after pirates. It's confusing me and makes me giggle a little.

And why do the Pirates look so happy in the above pictures? (you can't tell in the pic size above....go to this link to see better: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/03/pirates_of_somalia.html
They are posing and smiling, even whilst surrendering? I just think if these guys are going to have the audacity to call themselves Pirates than they should make themselves look scarier.


No comments: