Monday, April 27, 2009

Thank You For Being A Friend

Golden Girl Bea Arthur died over the weekend at the age of 86. Personally I cannot believe she was 86, I feel like she has been immortalized, still the same age she was when she did Golden Girls. I suppose that means that Betty White is old too? I am not sure I can handle that......
Bea was trained for the stage, but rose to stardom in her role as Maude Finley on "Maude" and of course as Dorothy Petrillo Zbornak on "Golden Girls", the devoted daughter to our favorite feisty Sicilian, Sophia Petrillo. In addition to being an Emmy & Tony Award winner, an avid supporter of PETA and an enormous opponent and activist against foie gras, she was downright hilarious. I have done some research and selected some fave lines from the show, to make you laugh.


Rose: I've been on the phone for a half hour and you'll never guess what happened.
Dorothy: You realized you forgot to dial first.
Rose: No.
Blanche: You were holding the receiver the wrong way.
Rose: No.
Dorothy: You were talking into the TV remote instead of the phone.
Rose: No.
Blanche: A shoe?
Rose: No, I'm not an idiot. - The TV has a remote?

Blanche: I can't believe you said that! Oh if I weren't a lady I'd deck you.
Dorothy: You try and I'll have you on your back so fast you'll think you're out on a date.

Dorothy: The woman keeps a chicken in her home, how normal can she be?
Rose: I kept a chicken in my home.
Dorothy: You see my point?

Blanche: I do love the rain so. It reminds me of my first kiss.
Dorothy: Ah, you're first kiss was in the rain?
Blanche: No it was in the shower.

Dorothy: You'll have to excuse my mother. She suffered a slight stroke a few years ago which rendered her totally annoying.

[Sophia wants a new TV, but Dorothy plans to use the money to pave the driveway over]
Sophia: And what will I do when every other old lady on the block is watching The Cosby Show?
Dorothy: Well, ma, I guess you can sit on the new driveway and hope an amusing black family comes along.

Rose: Charlie once had a business partner who was also a lying, cheating, evil, slimy human being!
Dorothy: Wait, Rose, let me guess. Hans Zinglefruberdanshoodlegadenhinkelmeier?
Rose: Yup! That's the louse!

Ahhhh, that show was awesome......now, 'Dorothy and Sophia' are together, in that lanai in the sky......Rest In Peace!


No comments: